OsakaTsuji Institute of Patisserie
A learning environment that fosters creativity, knowledge, and leadership That is the Tsuji Institute of Patisserie Difference!
1Engage in a world of baking, pastry, and confectioneries taught by expert instructors
Specialized instructors with expert skills and knowledge in their specific field guide students through the Western and Japanese confectionery traditions, bread baking and pastry arts. Through the study of baking and pastry traditions from around the world, Tsuji Institute of Patisserie students build high-level practical skills, an intellectual breadth of knowledge, and a depth of creative strength.
- Western Confectioneries
- Japanese Confectioneries
- Bread Making
2A distinct learning environment that nurtures personal and professional growth.
World-class baking, pastry, and confectionery art is based on a fundamental understanding of flavor and theory. The Tsuji Institute of Patisserie curriculum emphasizes development of advanced production skills as well as expertise in food hygiene, nutrition, and baking theory. Classes conducted in our practical kitchens and academic classrooms creates a unique learning environment for our students to develop their gastronomical acumen and motivation to succeed.
An Original “Education Program”
to comprehensively deepen one’s understanding.
- Training in the bakeshop begins with the fundamentals, such as how use various tools and ingredients. Our students refine their individual skills through preparation, baking, and decoration of cakes, sweets and breads. Students learn to about confectionery arts holistically, with emphasis on how to coordinate and delegate tasks for group production. With abundant practical training, students acquire the fundamental skills needed for success in the baking, pastry, and confectionery arts.
- Through establishing fundamental baking skills, students learn to answer gastronomy’s greater questions: what are the origins of baking and pastry? How do we find the proper balance between nutrition and flavor? How do we produce safe-to-eat confections in a hygienic environment? How do the baking and pastry arts help us lead a healthy life? From diet and health, to food culture, food safety and hygiene, students of the Tsuji Institute of Patisserie engage in the academics of gastronomy, a vital aspect of growing professional leaders in the food industry.
3Study Abroad in France and take your studies to the next level.
Set in the suburbs of Lyon, France -- one of the gastronomic capitals of the world -- the Tsuji Culinary Institute Group has a stunning satellite campus where students learn French confectionery arts directly from French experts. While studying abroad in Lyon, Tsuji Institute of Patisserie students can choose from over 100 top French food establishments to complete a rigorous professional internship program. Students who choose to study abroad can prepare for their trip while in Japan by enrolling in our specialized “France Studies Course”.
* Students not registered in the “France Studies Course” may also study in France.
4Attentive and engaged chef instructors harness your inner chef.
Each class is led by one main chef instructor and one assistant chef. Within each class of thirty-six students, our chef instructors strive to guide each student based on their individual ability. Outside of the classroom, the Tsuji Culinary Institute Group’s employment and student-life offices help our students find the best possible workplaces to jumpstart their careers.
Seeing Tsuji Institute of Patisserie through Videos
- Tsuji Institute of Patisserie
"the fun in making"
- Tsuji Institute of Patisserie
"sense of growth"