OsakaTsuji Culinary Institute
A learning environment that fosters creativity, knowledge, and leadership That is the Tsuji Culinary Institute Difference!
1Engage in world cuisines taught by expert instructors.
Specialized instructors with expert skills and knowledge in their specific cuisine guide you through the great food cultures of the world, including Western, Japanese and Chinese. Through the study of world cuisines and their cultures, you will acquire high-level practical skills, an intellectual breadth of knowledge, and a depth of creative strength.
- Western Cuisine
- Japanese Cuisine
- Chinese Cuisine
2A distinct learning environment that nurtures personal and professional growth.
World-class cooking is based on a fundamental understanding of flavor and theory. The Tsuji Culinary Institute curriculum emphasizes development of advanced cooking skills as well as expertise in food hygiene, nutrition, and cooking theory. Classes conducted in our practical kitchens and academic classrooms creates a unique learning environment for our students to develop their gastronomical acumen and motivation to succeed.
An Original “Education Program”
to comprehensively deepen one’s understanding.
- Kitchen training begins with the basics of cooking, such as how to hold a knife, the various knife cuts, and fundamental cooking techniques. Students learn to think about cooking holistically and refine their individual skills through preparation, cooking, plating, and finishing complete dishes. Practical training in groups also provides students opportunities to grow as leaders -- coordinating members and delegating tasks in the kitchen. With abundant practical training, students start their time at Tsuji Culinary Institute Group by acquiring the basic skills of each cuisine.
- Thorough training establishes fundamental kitchen skills, and through the process, students learn to answer the food industry’s larger questions: How does “cuisine” evolve? How do we balance nutrition with the flavor characteristics of a given cuisine? How does cooking help us lead a healthy life? How do we ensure food safety? From diet and health, to food culture, food safety and hygiene, students of the Tsuji Culinary Institute group engage in the academics of gastronomy, a vital aspect of growing professional leaders in the food industry.
3Study Abroad in France and take your studies to the next level.
In the suburbs of Lyon, France -- one of the gastronomic capitals of the world -- the Tsuji Culinary Institute Group has a stunning satellite campus where students learn French culinary arts directly from French culinary experts. While studying abroad in Lyon, Tsuji Culinary Institute Group students can choose from over 100 top French food establishments to complete a rigorous professional internship program. Students who choose to study abroad can prepare for their trip while in Japan by enrolling in our specialized “France Studies Course”.
* Students not registered in the “France Studies Course” may also study in France.
4Attentive and engaged chef instructors harness your inner chef.
Each class is led by one main chef instructor and one assistant chef. Within each class of forty students, our chef instructors guide each student based on their individual ability. Outside the classroom, Tsuji Culinary Institute Group’s employment and student-life offices help our students find the best possible workplaces to jumpstart their careers.
Seeing Tsuji Culinary Institute through Videos
- A Day at Tsuji Culinary Institute
- Tsuji Culinary Institute
- Tsuji Culinary Institute
"sense of growth"
- Tsuji Culinary Institute Classes Through the Students’ Point of View
～practical training of Japanese Cuisines～